Monday, July 6, 2009

BRF Dwarf Battlewagon review!

Well I finished my BFR Dwarf Battlewagon this weekend,and I wanted to write up a review of this large model. I have to say I was putting off this model as it was a bit of a pain in the butt to work on. The photo below dose not really show this, but it was.

This was the first of my new Dwarf minis to work on, and it took me a long time to finish. I am glad I did finish it as it is very cool, but I am sure I will only have one of these in my army. I wish the photo did a better job of showing the model. To start this model was in many parts, had 5 dwarfs, two bolt shooters, and 2 large rams to move the beast on the field of battle.

  • Size: Holy crap is this thing big. I have mounted it on a 40x80mm base and there is no room to spare on the base. I did not add the small bits on the wheels as they would have gone over the sides of the base.
  • Parts: There were allot of parts to this model, and they did not all fit well. It took me a few hours of work to get it together only to have to take it a part to prime and paint. I was not able to put it together in one shot. I was forced to build it in stages.
  • Quality: Even with the extra work for rough casting this model has great detail to it. Now that its all painted and assembled the hole thing looks great.
How I put the hole thing together: I started by painting the 5 dwarfs that needed to go on the model. Once they were painted I painted the wagon's parts. Once I had the hold of the parts painted I went about putting it together. This was a complex task. I started by mounting the dwarfs, and the bolt shooter on the first floor, then put the sides and second floor on. After leaving the core over night I set about the second floor, then the roof. During the assembly I was stopping to do some finish painting. Once it was all together, and painted I set it to a base, with the rams, did some basing and I am done.

All in all this is a great model but I would not like to make another one. Some of the work I did on the inside was a waste as it can not be seen. This was allot of work, but worth it in the end.

I will have photos of mine up this week.


No comments: